Skip to main content
Annotated Transcripts of Lady Bird Johnson's Diary
Limit your search
Specific Item Type
- Lady Bird finishes Bill White's book on LBJ; Lady Bird records her White House Diary; Lady Bird walks with Jerry Kivitts; Lady Bird works on invitation lists for upcoming events at the White House; Lady Bird has telephone conversation with Dr. Hurst
- 7 0 s - - and m ade up a lis t fo r B e ss, using two o f our p erson a l
telephone books a nd w ra ck ing m y brain , , - Those people I would lik e s o m e tim e to in vite to a State Dinner| and another lis t of those fo r recep tio n s,
- Lady Bird works on Johnson City House; telephone conversation with Lucia Johnson; LBJ on six-state tour of Midwest tornado damage; Lady Bird drives by the Schornhorst place and the bluebonnets; guests for dinner at the LBJ Ranch
- of Lyndon's staff, to have
accumulated so many people im portant to N A T O , - ^ such short notice.
I think the inviting had gone on until 10 or 11 o 'c lo c k the night b e fo r e , by
telephone or t e l e g ra m . ^
A d m ir a l R adford and M r s . Radford
- k e r ’ s and a sort
of catalyst who brings people together fro m various walks of life .
So, it was a m ix ed up group, a re a l m osa ic of A m e r ic a n l i f e , and I
thought^^a delightful two hours of luncheon,^ and conversation,
- Governor Tom Dewey, LBJ and Lady Bird have breakfast and talk about crime; Lucius Clay; ABC film on beautification; telephone conversation with Lynda Johnson; Luci Johnson receives Stingray car for graduation/birthday gift; Johnsons to Camp David
- and others to Johnson City property; Lady Bird and LBJ to Moursunds and 3 Springs Ranch; LBJ reminisces about picnics and swimming as child; Lady Bird likes river-rafting; Peter Hurd's portrait of LBJ; telephone conversation with Nellie Connally
- Senator Edward Kennedy's plane crash; Lady Bird calls Rose Kennedy, Birch Bayhs and Mrs. Edward Kennedy; telephone conversation with Lynda Johnson about security problem on her flight; office work; Lady Bird reads; walk around White House
- for her, he admires her so much.
Well, finally, Clark finished and left, after a conversation here in the house with Mrs.
Kennedy, and he will report to us later where we stand on the perpetuation of the Fine Arts
Committee, or what's going to happen to i
- Lady Bird works with her office staff; Luci Johnson and her conversion to Catholicism; Lady Bird talks with Lynda Johnson; LBJ returns to work; Lady Bird reads Task Force on Beautification report
- patio by the sw im m ing
There was a little crescent moon overhead.
My only objection was that I wanted to hold up m y hand and say, "N ow e v e r y body else hush and let*s le t W alter Lippmann tal k fo r awhile